Sunday, November 22, 2009

Lernink Ixpireensis.

I enjoy some learning experiences more than others. I think that's pretty true for most people. We don't necessarily like to learn about driving the speed limit by paying hefty fines and attending traffic school. We don't like to learn about food poisoning by surviving it.

We recently had our film, 'Blood and Cupcakes', reviewed by my film professor, Paul Nibley. He was able to identify exactly what our film was missing and where we made amateur mistakes. I learned a ton from what he had to say and it really motivated me to get back out there and try it again.

I felt very vulnerable having put myself out there as a writer, director, and actor, but that kind of vulnerability yielded the greatest rewards, I believe.

I got a lot of constructive criticism that only made me want to improve and perfect the craft.

So that's what I'm going to do. I'm going to keep writing and keep working. Booyah.

No comments:

Post a Comment